Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Inspirational quotes Part 8

Leave a Comment
1) Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I am possible'

2) The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it and join the dance.

3) You have to dream before your dreams can come true.

4) We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.

5) Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.

6) To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.

7) Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.

8) As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.

9) The way to become rich is to put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket.

10) Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best.

11) The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.

12) Aim for the highest.

13) People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.

14) It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.

15) All wealth is the product of labor.

16) Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.

17) Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

18) Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.

19) The best way out is always through.

20) I'm not telling you it's going to be easy – I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

21) The number one problem that keeps people from winning in the United States today is lack of belief in themselves.

22) There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.

23) Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit.

24) Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.

25) Give yourself something to work toward – constantly.

26) I believe that every person is born with talent.

27) Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.

28) Never stand begging for what one has the power to earn.

29) Drink moderately, for drunkenness neither keeps a secret nor observes a promise.

30) Diligence is the mother of good fortune. And idleness, its opposite, never brought a man to the goal of any of his best wishes.

31) Too much sanity may be madness – and the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

32) To attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

33) I'm sorry I wrote you such a long letter; I didn't have time to write a short one.

34) Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes.

35) A sudden dart when a little over a hundred feet from the end of the track, or a little over 120 feet from the point at which it rose into the air, ended the flight.

36) Isn't it astonishing that all these secrets have been preserved for so many years just so we could discover them!

37) The fact that the great scientist believed in flying machines was the one thing that encouraged us to begin our studies.

38) I confess that in 1901 I said to my brother Orville that man would not fly for fifty years.

39) If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original.

40) The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

41) If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play.

42) Don't let anyone tell you what you ought to like… Some wines that some experts think are absolutely exquisite don't appeal to me at all.

43) They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that particular job.

44) When I go, God's going to have to give up his favourite chair.

45) I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one.

46) For a man who no longer has a homeland, writing becomes a place to live.

47) Lend yourself to others, but give yourself to yourself.

48) The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.

49) I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.

50) I will take fate by the throat; it will never bend me completely to its will.

51) Don?t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.

52) To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.

53) You have to make the rules, not follow them.

54) No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess.

55) Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it's about having a lot of options.

56) Human dignity consists in the role we must play in our own perfection. Taking a role in our own self-completion is the highest expression of our creativity.

57) I don't care what people think or say about me, I know who I am.

58) People die from typewriters falling on their heads.

59) Be yourself, let you come through.

60) The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.

61) There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.

62) I want to know what passion is. I want to feel something strongly.

63) Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.

64) Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.

65) You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.

66) He that can have patience can have what he will.

67) A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

68) The three things that are most essential to achievement are common sense, hard work and stick-to-it-iv-nes

69) If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.

70) When I give, I give myself.

71) Be not ashamed women, … You are the gates of the body, and you are the gates of the soul.

72) Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.

73) Argue not concerning God,re-examine all that you have been told at church or school or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your soul

74) I discover myself on the verge of a usual mistake.

75) I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.

76) Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius.

77) A man can't soar too high, when he flies with his own wings.

78) To See a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour.

79) I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

80) Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.

81) If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.

82) Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.

83) I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.

84) The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.

85) Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.

86) Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.

87) Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.

88) I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.

89) The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.

90) I dream my painting and I paint my dream.

91) Life is entrusted to man as a treasure which must not be squandered, as a talent which must be used well.

92) When they say the sky's the limit to me that's really true

93) If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.

94) The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.

95) I love those who can smile in trouble…

96) Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

97) A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.

98) Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

99) My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them.

100) Out of intense complexities intense simplicities emerge.

101) Listen to many, speak to a few.

102) I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination.

103) When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.

104) When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.

105) If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.

106) It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

107) Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.

108) Know thyself.

109) The unexamined life is not worth living.

110) Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not.

111) I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

112) Everything you can imagine is real.

113) My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.

114) We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

115) Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

116) After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.

117) I am the captain of my soul.

118) One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.

119) There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.

120) It always seems impossible until it's done.

121) Duty does not require any person to submit to the destruction of his personal ambitions and the right to live his own life in his own way.

122) The starting point of all achievement is desire.

123) The person who takes no chances generally has to take whatever is left when others are through choosing.

124) The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

125) Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

126) Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

127) If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.

128) Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.

129) Courage isn't having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don't have strength.

130) He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life

131) To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If youre not, pretend you are.

132) Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them — a desire, a dream, a vision.

133) You lose nothing when fighting for a cause … In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about.

134) Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

135) If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

136) The man with no imagination has no wings.

137) I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'.

138) If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.

139) Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.

140) If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one.

141) You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.

142) Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

143) To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.

144) The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

145) A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.

146) Nobody can hurt me without my permission.

147) First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.

148) Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

149) Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

150) The time is always right to do the right thing

0 comments: