Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Inspirational quotes Part 7

Leave a Comment
1) Where you stand depends on where you sit.

2) A friend to all is a friend to none

3) The lie is a condition of life.

4) It is better to be looked over than overlooked.

5) It's not a question of learning much.On the contrary.It's a question of UNLEARNING much.

6) It is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.

7) Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.

8) One new feature or fresh take can change everything.

9) Stubborn and ardent clinging to one's opinion is the best proof of stupidity.

10) All great achievements require time.

11) Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.

12) The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.

13) Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.

14) The future is uncertain but the end is always near.

15) Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.

16) Taste every fruit of every tree in the garden at least once. It is an insult to creation not to experience it fully. Temperance is wickedness.

17) Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

18) He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave.

19) He who is slowest in making a promise is most faithful in its performance.

20) Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it.

21) Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.

22) Never ruin an apology with an excuse.

23) To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact

24) Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

25) Better beggar woman and single than Queen and married.

26) As the soft yield of water cleaves obstinate stone, So to yield with life solves the insolvable: To yield, I have learned, is to come back again.

27) You don't want to lose your old friend – the misery – You have invested too much into false – Hence the fear to be exposed -to be true – to be naked as you are.

28) Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

29) I write with experiences in mind, but I don't write about them, I write out of them.

30) There is always time to add a word, never to withdraw one.

31) Men build too many walls and not enough bridges.

32) A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.

33) If you don't know where you're from, you'll have a hard time saying where you're going.

34) The best way to see Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.

35) Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.

36) He is not perfect, I'm not perfect. Our feelings and lives are not perfect. But we love each other and that's all that really matters.

37) TIME decides who you meet in your life. Your HEART decides who you want in your life. BEHAVIOR decides who will stay in your life.

38) I may not be rich in money, but I am rich in things money can't buy.

39) To get the best out of life, realize your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, prepare for the future without fear.

40) It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.

41) TODAY figure out what makes you happy & do more of it. Figure out what doesn't and do less of it.

42) Life is weird, first you wanna grow up, then you wanna be a kid again.

43) Today is a new day, make the most of it, tell someone you love them, smile at someone, give a hug, hold a hand, or just listen or a minute, and be a friend.

44) Never let the experiences of your past bring harm to your future. Remember, your past can't be altered and your future just doesn't deserve the punishment.

45) What if your pillow could collect your dreams and when you wake up you plug it into your computer and watch them over again.

46) People will always tell you what you did wrong but hesitate to compliment you for what you did right.

47) When you are going through something hard and wonder where GOD is, remember the teacher is always quiet during a test.

48) A meaningful silence is always better than meaningless words.

49) Remember: someone is happy with less than you have.

50) When you have money in your hand, only you forget who are you but when you do not have any money in your hand, the whole world forget who you are. Its life.

51) Disappointments are just God's way of saying: I have got something better. Be patient, live life and have faith.

52) Rules of a relationship: Stay faithful … make them feel loved and wanted … Respect your partner … Don't flirt with others … Have time for eachother.

53) You can love someone so much but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.

54) Don't assume your partner knows about everything you expect in a relationship. Let him know. A relationship should be based on communication, not on assumptions.

55) Sharing makes you bigger than you are. The more you pour out, the more life will be able to pour in.

56) Don't be too confident when someone tells you they like you. The real question is, until when? Because just like seasons, people change.

57) The sweetest place is to be in someone's thoughts and the safest place is to be in someones heart.

58) You shape your own destiny.

59) Years from now, after I'm gone, someone will listen to what I've done and know I was here. They may not know or care who I was, but they'll hear my guitars speaking for me.

60) Everything I've ever done was out of fear of being mediocre.

61) A long apprenticeship is the most logical way to success. The only alternative is overnight stardom, but I can't give you a formula for that.

62) I just couldn't take school seriously: I had this guitar neck with four frets which I kept hidden under the desk. It had strings on it so I would practice my chord shapes under the desk and that's about all I did at school.

63) I just want to be able to play and make people feel good with what I do. When you're thinking that way, anything can happen. And, usually, what happens is good.

64) I may have had a lot of luck in my life, but I still need to find a challenge in the game.

65) We were a family who had come from nothing and now we had respect from French people of all sorts.

66) I will never be by violence constrained to do anything.

67) Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality-in your own mind.

68) Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.

69) Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.

70) Don't fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.

71) If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.

72) A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

73) Be happy, but never satisfied.

74) The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

75) A pure hand needs no glove to cover it.

76) I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.

77) I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

78) He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher… or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.

79) When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.

80) Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

81) Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life. Both life and death are parts of the same Great Adventure.

82) When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on

83) Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

84) Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

85) Knowing what's right doesn't mean much unless you do what's right.

86) Believe you can and you're halfway there.

87) Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

88) We are citizens of the world. The tragedy of our times is that we do not know this.

89) I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.

90) You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and to impoverish yourself if you forget the errand

91) If the little bit you have is nothing special in itself, at least find a way of saying it that is a little bit special.

92) If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

93) If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.

94) The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow.

95) Cultivate your curves – they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

96) You are never too old to become younger!

97) I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.

98) When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

99) They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.

100) We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or the unseen world, but directly from life.

101) Freedom and independence form my character.

102) Every nation has the right to demand proper treatment and no country should violate the territory of any other country.

103) Sovereignty is not given, it is taken.

104) To see me does not necessarily mean to see my face. To understand my thoughts is to have seen me.

105) Victory is for those who can say 'Victory is mine'. Success is for those who can begin saying 'I will succeed' and say 'I have succeeded' in the end.

106) The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.

107) Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.

108) It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

109) One must maintain a little bittle of summer, even in the middle of winter.

110) How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?

111) We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.

112) If you don't know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.

113) The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

114) This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

115) Do not let it be your aim to be something, but to be someone.

116) However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?

117) You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

118) The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.

119) Though the road's been rocky it sure feels good to me.

120) Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.

121) Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.

122) The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?

123) I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.

124) Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances.

125) It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained.

126) Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

127) Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.

128) I work hard, and I do good, and I'm going to enjoy myself. I'm not going to let you restrict me.

129) A lot of legends, a lot of people, have come before me. But this is my time.

130) For me, I'm focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I'm working on it.

131) As long as I'm in great shape, nobody beats me, for sure.

132) Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

133) Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.

134) Failure is not our only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others.

135) Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

136) Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

137) The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

138) It's not whether you got knocked down; it's whether you get back up.

139) Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.

140) Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is.

141) If you can accept losing, you can't win.

142) Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself.

143) I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating.

144) Go then if you must, but remember, no matter how foolish your deeds, those who love you will love you still.

145) If we go down into ourselves, we find that we possess exactly what we desire.

146) We must have perserverence and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something.

147) Differences are not intended to separate, to alienate. We are different precisely in order to realize our need of one another.

148) You can wish for things in the future to be different, but in this moment you have to accept things as they are.

149) You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.

150) Every intention is a trigger for transformation.

0 comments: